Watching their owners prepare for a separatist league has frustrated fans at Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham endlessly.
It was an attempt by the owners of the six big Premier League teams to improve their finances and protect themselves in an exclusive league of Europe’s most famous clubs.
Fortunately, their plans were dashed following outrage from fans and singers who came to criticize the proposal as well.
Every football fan desires a decent owner in charge of his club. Someone who not only improves the fortunes of the team on the pitch, but also maintains a strong connection with the fan base and the local community.
Of course, the escaped plans of the European Super League will have done nothing to improve relations between the owners of the 12 clubs who considered the proposal and their fans.
The European Super League has shed light on greed at the top of the football pyramid. But while the Glazers have an icy relationship with Man United supporters, the work of the Srivaddhanaprabha family since taking over Leicester City shows that there are still decent owners in the game.
A study on the popularity of Premier League owners shows that the Srivaddhanaprabha family are, in fact, the most popular owners of the elite.
The study was carried out by Free Bets, which analyzed every article and tweet sent about the largest shareholder of the 20 clubs over the past two years to determine a ranked list of owners popularity.
Here is the list, from least popular to most popular.
20. Gao Jisheng and Katharina Liebherr | Southampton
19. Farhad Moshiri and Bill Kenwright | Everton
18. David Sullivan | Western ham
17. Mike Ashley | Newcastle
16. Stan Kroenke | Arsenal
15. Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones | City of Norwich
14. ALK Capital | Burnley
Ranking the ultimate football GOATS on The Football Terrace! Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane, R9 … Who is the greatest of all time ?!
13. Guo Guangchang and Liang Xinjun | wolves
12. Gino Pozzo | Watford
11. John W. Henry and Tom Werner | Liverpool
10. The glaziers | Manchester United
9. Sheikh Mansour | Manchester city
8. Matthieu Benham | Brentford
7. Nassef Sawiris and Wesley Edens | Aston Villa
6. Andrea Radrizzani and 49ers Entreprises | Leeds United
5. Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy | Tottenham Hotspur
4. Steve Parish, Joshua Harris and David S. Blitzer | Crystal Palace
3. Romain Abramovich | Chelsea
2. Tony Bloom | Brighton
1. The Srivaddhanaprabha family | Leicester City
It’s no surprise to see Leicester owner Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha at the top of the list.
Srivaddhanaprabha took over the club after the tragic death of his father, Vichai, and did a good job, with the Foxes winning the FA Cup in May.
Side surprises, we are surprised to see the Glazers at 10, given the number of protests against the owners of United. However, they have continuously invested in the squad over the years and fans at the club have been entitled to the return of Cristiano Ronaldo this summer.
News Now – Sports News