Many college football fans were excited about Saturday’s clash between Ohio State No.4 and Michigan State No.7. It was a high-profile clash with the Big Ten with implications for the college football playoffs.
However, some fans were surprised by what they heard when they turned on the ABC show.
This is because a lot of people were receiving the Spanish broadcast of the game, even though that was not what they were trying to listen to. As Ohio State took a 7-0 lead on a 23-yard touchdown pass from CJ Stroud to Chris Olave less than 5 minutes into the game, some fans were still trying to figure out the language situation.
So this caused some frustration, with many people voicing it on Twitter early in the game:
Why is my audio in spanish for this Ohio State game what’s going on hahaha
– Chris Cano (@BiknBakBeinBano) 20 November 2021
Guess I’m watching the Ohio State game on a Spanish show
– Kdot (@kalilfreeman_) 20 November 2021
– Evan (@ deezy_707) 20 November 2021
– Jenn Virskus (@JennVirskus) 20 November 2021
Why is ABC WJXX in Jacksonville showing the Ohio State game in Spanish ????
– Steve Thomson (@ steveinjax1) 20 November 2021
Uhhhh, I’m getting the Spanish broadcast of the Ohio State game …#GoBucks
– H (@ HHN79) 20 November 2021
– Jeffrey Wisenbaugh (@KoolJeffrey) 20 November 2021
Why is the MSU-Ohio State game no longer on ESPN, and why, when watched on ABC, is it in Spanish?
– JJ (@psychasaurusrex) 20 November 2021
@YouTubeTV why does the game OSU-MSU on ABC have spanish sound?
– Aaron Vingle (@AJVingle) 20 November 2021