Quarterback Justin Herbert headlined the Oregon #ProDucks in week three of the 2021 NFL regular season, throwing a touchdown in the last minute of the game to lead the Los Angeles Chargers. to a big comeback victory over the Kansas City Chiefs.
A total of 28 former Ducks are currently under contract with 21 different NFL teams, including 17 on active rosters from 14 different organizations at the start of week four.
Click here for a full viewing guide on how to watch UO Athletics alumni compete this week.
Carolina Panthers (3-0)
- RB Royce Freeman carried the ball five times for 17 carries and also received an 8-yard reception for the Panthers in a 24-9 victory over Houston. Freeman played 22 snaps in total, including 11 on offense.
Chicago Bear (1-2)
- CB Thomas Graham Jr. is currently on the Bears’ training squad.
Cleveland Browns (2-1)
- CB Troy Hill recorded two tackles, one solo, in Cleveland’s 26-6 win over Chicago. Hill earned a solid 83.8 overall rating from Pro Football Focus (PFF) while playing 38 defensive snaps in total.
Dallas Cowboys (2-1)
Detroit Lions (0-3)
- OL Penei Sewell continues to maintain the left tackle position for the Lions, who fell to 0-3 with a 19-17 loss to Baltimore. Sewell has yet to clear a 212-shot bag to start his NFL career.
- OL Tyrell Crosby is currently on Detroit’s reserve / injured list.
Green Bay Packers (2-1)
- OL Jake Hanson did not play in Green Bay’s Sunday Night Football victory over San Francisco.
Houston Texans (1-2)
- TE Pharaon Brown played 31 snaps but was not targeted for an assist in Houston’s 24-9 loss to Carolina.
- CB Terrance Mitchell did not play against Carolina after suffering a concussion in Houston’s previous game against Cleveland.
Indianapolis Colts (0-3)
- BY DeForest Buckner had four tackles, one solo and had a quarterback in Indianapolis’ 25-16 loss to Tennessee. Buckner earned a PFF score of 75.6 in the first three games of the season.
Kansas City Chiefs (1-2)
- OL Kyle Long is currently on the reserve leader list / physically unable to perform.
Las Vegas Raiders (3-0)
- QB Marcus Mariota is one of the reservists / injured Las Vegas after sustaining an injury during a 31-yard run in the Raiders’ season opener.
Los Angeles Chargers (2-1)
- QB Justin Herbert led the Chargers to a huge 30-24 victory over division rival Kansas City, completing 26 of 38 passes for 281 yards and four touchdowns. Herbert guided Los Angeles to 16 points in the fourth quarter to complete the comeback victory, throwing a pair of touchdown passes to Mike Williams. Herbert found Williams for a 4-yard touchdown pass with 32 seconds left to give the Chargers the lead for good. During the season, Herbert is tied as PFF’s fifth-highest-ranked quarterback with an overall rating of 84.3 and he ranks fourth in the league with 956 total passing yards.
- YOU Kampmoyer Hunter is currently on the Chargers’ practice squad.
Los Angeles Rams (3-0)
- LB Justin Hollins had two solo tackles in the Rams’ 34-24 victory over reigning Super Bowl champions Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but was placed on the injured / reserve list after sustaining a pectoral injury in the game. Head coach Sean McVay has said he expects Hollins “to miss a lot of time.”
- TE Johnny Mundt saw his most extended action of the season against Tampa Bay, playing 49 total snaps and 31 on offense while making a tackle on special teams.
Miami Dolphins (1-2)
- S Jevon Holland recorded three tackles, including two solo, in Miami’s 31-28 overtime loss to Las Vegas. Holland scored 82.0 in tackling by PFF.
Minnesota Vikings (1-2)
- LB Troy Dye played 15 snaps on special teams as the Vikings claimed their first win of the season, 30-17 over Seattle.
- DT Jordan scott is currently on the Viking Reserve / PUP list.
New Orleans Saints (2-1)
- TE Juwan Johnson was targeted once but failed to catch New Orleans 28-13 against New England.
- OL Calvin Throckmorton made his second straight start from the right guard, playing 62 snaps and helping the Saints go 142 yards as a team. In 77 pass blocking opportunities this season, Throckmorton has allowed just one rush and has yet to give up a sack.
New York Giants (0-3)
- OL Shane Lemieux is currently on the New York reserve / injured list.
Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2)
- BY Henry Mondeaux made his season debut for the Steelers in a 24-10 loss to Cincinnati, playing six snaps on defense and one on special teams.
San Francisco 49ers (2-1)
- BY Arik Armstead clinched his first sack of the season in San Francisco’s 30-28 loss to Green Bay in Sunday Night Football. Armstead has a solid 81.7 rating from the PFF, and his 86.8 rating for the season is tied for 16th in the league.
- CB Deomodore Lenoir did a solo tackle while playing 45 snaps against the Packers.
Seattle Seahawks (1-2)
- S Ugochukwu Amadi recorded six tackles, including five solo, while playing 35 snaps in a 30-17 loss to Minnesota. Amada got a solid 82.4 tackle rating from PFF.
Tennessee Titans (2-1)
- Brady breeze is currently on the Titans reserve / injured list.
Washington Soccer Team (1-2)
- BY Jalen Jelks is currently on Washington’s reserve / injured list.